• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 1st road trip,

harry

I did first 500 mile trip , it was bouncy ,at times ,might add tapered shims under front of bed
Ran in to a few glitches Tack is actting up was reading wright then started reading 500 rmp when should read 2500 , its electricly run not cable .
lost air assist on steering
Seemed like dint have much power going up a long hill , just found a loose turbo hose :) , any tips on tack or steering ?

also the tec manual says the automatic tranmission fluid should be
LO 9-2320-386-12 , am I wright that this is 15-40-motor oil ?
Looks like oil ,smells like oil ,taste like oil .

any help is allways apreicated Harry

Skycop

I can't help you out with most of the issues, but you are right, the tranny fluid is oil...and I am not going to ask how you know what it tastes like!:p

There have been a couple of posts regarding this, but apparently, the military powers that be wanted to limit the amount of fluids on the battlefield. We are going to swap out ours with the recommended tranny fluid by Allison as it is a firm belief on this forum it will help the tranny last longer. I am leaning toward agreement on that one too!

rwoods

also the tec manual says the automatic tranmission fluid should be
LO 9-2320-386-12 , am I wright that this is 15-40-motor oil ?
Looks like oil ,smells like oil ,taste like oil .

any help is allways apreicated Harry

Harry, I think you will find that most of us would recommend you replace the motor oil in your tranny with transmission fluid ASAP. Allison actually recommends a synthetic. Ron