• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 alternator bearing replacement.

michaelpilot1

Has any one tried to replace the bearings on the A3 Prestolite Model AMA-5102UT alternator on an A3? If so do you have the part numbers for the bearings? The TM parts manual 9-2920-225-34P does not show the bearings although the dissassembly procedures shows them.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

If nobody comes up with some part numbers, you can remove them and measure all dimensions with a micrometer. A good bearing house ought to be able to hook you up. If you're not comfortable measuring them, give them to the counterman and he can do it. We do this all the time at work for bearings that don't have any numbers on them.
Edit: I did find find some part numbers in the 34P. There are a few different bearings, you'll need to find the correct number for your needs.

Attachments

Last edited:

michaelpilot1

Bearing in and alternator quite.

The front bearing on my AMA-5102UT Prestolite alternator ended up being a 6304 Timken by the dimensions, a local company had a Koyo bearing that crossed over. The original bearing had no makers marks or ID marks of any kind and was not a sealed bearing, the original seal did not look efficient and infact had allowed moisture into the bearing. When I replaced it I put in a sealed bearing the Timken # is 6304PP the Koyo # is 63042RSC3 both are pre-lubed and sealed bearings if any one wants to go back with the original style leave the PP off the Timken part number. The rear bearing looked new so I did not mess with it but it is available at Southern Automotive Wholesalers as a parts kit # SAW-11684130. Attached is a copy of the Prestolite parts list with a good blow apart diagram

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks