• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 at hodge sc.

AMX

I watched these trucks sell for $3900 to $4400 with one going for $5800. They were F7 and were driven on lot I believe. Is this about the going price at GL? I see them advertised later on e-bay for $8500 - $13000. Just wandering if I should go through GL. Opinions wanted. Thanks

goodguyzy

there are a bunch of good clean A3 trucks at G/L right now, i would jump on them at the 5K price range. In a few months the gov't will be out.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were about half a dozen in Anchorage this week that went for $10,000+. They were cherry looking M35A3C winch trucks, and AK is an odd market, but upwards of $13,000 from GL for an A3... :shock:

lonegunman

I bought my A3 over a year ago. The price you see is quite often not the actual price. If you add one auction to your watch list you can get the real final price. Add 10% buyers comission and sales tax. So the final price is 15-19% more.

Then you have to get it home. Hauling is spendy and driving takes time. Expect to drive 45-50mph. You really need to swap fluids and check it out before going any distance. If it is your first truck, EUC could take two months.

I liked picking my truck and going through GL. The aftermarket price is fair once you start looking at the expense and time involved in recovering a truck and getting it road worthy. I would not trade mine for three A2's and most A3 driver's are really pleased with their trucks.

I got a truck made in very late 1998 early 1999 with 490 engine hours and 6200 miles. The CTIS system is junk, which is typical, the trans temp guage does not work corectly. Minor issues, typical of most trucks.

AceHigh

The private sale prices may well be worth it. A GL truck may or may not be roadworthy whereas a private seller will let you carefully inspect and drive your truck. He also should stand behind it for at least a short while.

GL stands behind all their trucks. Way behind. :p

AMX

Thanks for the replies . I have no desire for the winch, bows, troop seats etc. . I really want a truck that I can use on ocassion, and will probably customize with the creature comforts. IE soundproofing, stereo,A/C etc..

flyxpl

The A3's at Sparta a few weeks ago went in the 5000 range . Even the winch trucks were under six thousand , driven onto lot . Thier is no way in H** I would pay double the GL price for one in civilian hands , most guys sell them just as they got from gl to keep from puttting money and time in them . I drove mine home from WI . But if you cannot wait a month to get your truck and can afford to pay double go for it .

Pappa-G

Those A3's in Sparta last week went for between $2.5k and $4k all low hours driven on to the lot. To many people were waching Pinzgauers in Ohio:cookoo:. I wouldnt think twice of buying one through GL but like the others said if you want it bad you will get it bad! Shop around and best of luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks