• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 battery box help

King

Looking for civi replacements, and I have a hook I just needed to see how big I could go with the battery displacement (size) , then I would focus on CCA. Thank you for the link

King

Ok so some individuals have indicated there may be two versions of the plastic battery box on an M35A3, I currently do not have access to my truck to measure the box. Here is what I do know: NSN 6160014072852 PN 12368320 (I do not know if that is for the metal or plastic). The measurement for the ones for sale are 24" Length, 13" Height, 12" Width. I intend purchase the largest with the most CCA that will fit the box and I have a couple of options to purchase then drive a few hours to where the truck is being stored to install. I am just trying to avoid a "surprise" they don't fit, scenario.....Thank you for anyone that can confirm those measurements..

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is a 3116 motor it does not take alot to crank it over even from dead cold in 0 degree weather. Group 31s are going to fit nice and priced alright. they have 1100-1200 CAs and in the 950 CCA range. Most 4D batteries are around the same CCA/CA and are bigger. You wont get any more power until you get into the big 8D's If you are worried about them draining down put a battery tender on it.

8D batteries are 21x11x9in each and are the biggest you can go with based on those measurements you have if that is per section but i doubt it is.

Group 31s are 13" Long - 6- 3/4" wide - 9.5" tall

Last edited: