• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 CTIS: Connected or disconnected?

Rebar

Just a poll for M35A3 owners:

Is your CTIS connected or disconnected?

Feel free to add comments regarding why you have kept it connected and at what expense (time, labor, inconvenience, $$).

Also, if disconnected, please add comments regarding why you disconnected it and whether you have missed it since disconnect.

Thanks. I love this site.

Rebar

Deuce007

poll? Mine is connected and I left it that way for two reasons 1. it works good with very few problems 2. I have a slow leak in several tires and I would never feel like taking an air hose to air them up

Hoefler

Mine if intact but left off on both my A3's. I dont like the idea of pressurizing the axel and pushing on the seals. Have no reason to air up or down either. It seems like a crude belts and suspenders system anyway.
Pete

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is in place but has problems. Will air them down but will not air them up. Would like to get it working. Really would like to change the program so i could air them up to what i want.

EdMontana

Just a poll for M35A3 owners:

Is your CTIS connected or disconnected?

Feel free to add comments regarding why you have kept it connected and at what expense (time, labor, inconvenience, $$).

Also, if disconnected, please add comments regarding why you disconnected it and whether you have missed it since disconnect.

Thanks. I love this site.

Rebar
Disconnected......unless you will drive in snow, sand etc and need the "feature" ...or better saying.."failure"......

trukhead

I have the CTIS connected and it functions well. During the summer spring and fall I use it every time I take the truck out. I love the soft ride offroad in the mud and snow position. With the seat and the tires aired down, truck rides like fluffy charmin on a soft cloud held up with kitten whiskers! :jumpin: I then air up to highway when I park it so the 2 leaky tires hold firm till I go out again. In the winter I leave the truck stationary and inflate the tires if it is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. :driver:

I have figured out that the only pressurized part of the axle is the hub part between the inner and outer wheel bearings- seal assemblies. It was said not to used the CTIS in extreme cold due to stress on the seals. I believe that regular use keeps the system"fresh". I will do the Haldex sometime and I drain the air tanks every time. i foolishly did not drain the air tanks for a year and a half and in spite of that the CTIS has always worked. Pure drippy rust snot came out of the tanks at first for a while but now the air system has cleared out pretty well. The air now cycles 120 to 150 where before when it was neglected it did about 90ish to 120. I am going to check and see if I need a relief valve on the compressor head. I thinks the design of the A3 is wonderful for off road and the CTIS is the best darned thing ever devised by man!!

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have removed the wheel valves ,weights and guards , I am in the procress of installing 395's and will not be using the system . I have a leaking Quad seal and plan on installing A2 wheel bearings and seals . I spoke to one of the wrench's over at the base and he said the CTIS system is one big PITA , they leak all the time . I will cap off the wheel lines and leave all the other parts , if someone after me wants to reinstall the system .

AnonymousOne

Connected but doesn't work .. some tires work up and down .. some don't ... considering removal due to if the thing accidentally gets pushed it will be a disaster driving with significantly different pressures.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Connected and working. Had to pull two axles and replace quadseals, orings and outerseals. Then it started venting out the axle vent again, but now it stopped so it fixed itself for now. I have a slow leak on one of my tires(oring) I like to use it to air up the tire once I travel a few miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks