• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 drivability and performance

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am real happy with my A3,I handles good.It is a little slow but I didnt buy it for speed.I didnt think I would like it before I bought.But It is a keeper.I still have a A2 in the garage which I plan on keeping.

KsM715

Isnt this the thread where all the a2 owners are supposed to bad mouth the a3 and the a3 owners just say "aw, all you a2 owners are just jealous"? Or is that just "one" a3 owner that thinks we are all jealous.:roll:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Personally I can say that I wanted an A3 for a long time. Then I drove one. Compared to the A2 the power stearing is nice, but that's about it. I've heard of death wobble in an A3, not in an A2. I've experienced death wobble in an A3 not in an A2. Yes I have an A2, yes I wanted an A3 for a long time and I no longer want one due to the death wobble. In fact I am not even sure I want to go to larger tires on my A2 anymore due to it. I can also say it has nothing to do with the look of an A3, that I still like.

C'mon kenny, since it was mine you drove, are you bad mouthin' my baby? i
Ya know it didn't occur one time all the way home, got a little (slight ) shimmy in curves at speed though.
It would seem once the tires warm up , it goes away. The next day it was back at low speeds (35ish)

mktopside

Banned
Isnt this the thread where all the a2 owners are supposed to bad mouth the a3 and the a3 owners just say "aw, all you a2 owners are just jealous"? Or is that just "one" a3 owner that thinks we are all jealous.:roll:
No, it's all of us; he is just more vocal about it.

Personally, unless the person talking trash about the A3 owns/has owned one, or owns a 900 series truck; I chalk it up to jealousy, or lack of financial means.

Argument doesn't hold water? Then how come you never hear the 800 series guys ragging on the 900 series guys?....... Yea, thought so.

mktopside

Banned
Personally I can say that I wanted an A3 for a long time. Then I drove one. Compared to the A2 the power stearing is nice, but that's about it. I've heard of death wobble in an A3, not in an A2. I've experienced death wobble in an A3 not in an A2. Yes I have an A2, yes I wanted an A3 for a long time and I no longer want one due to the death wobble. In fact I am not even sure I want to go to larger tires on my A2 anymore due to it. I can also say it has nothing to do with the look of an A3, that I still like.
Fixing the death wobble takes 30 minutes, it's been discussed ad nauseum. Wering figured it out. Add additional lugnuts to the opposite side of the wheel from the CTIS shield and your problem is gone.

Next bashing topic please.

Z71

Fixing the death wobble takes 30 minutes, it's been discussed ad nauseum. Wering figured it out. Add additional lugnuts to the opposite side of the wheel from the CTIS shield and your problem is gone.

Next bashing topic please.
Are you saying that the whole issue is simply caused by imbalance in the wheel, and not some bizarre suspension flaw? That's good to know.

Z71

I noticed on a photo of M35A3 data plate that the towing capacity has been reduced to 6,000 lbs. The M35A2s had 10,000 lbs towing limit. Why the reduction?

KsM715

I noticed on a photo of M35A3 data plate that the towing capacity has been reduced to 6,000 lbs. The M35A2s had 10,000 lbs towing limit. Why the reduction?

Dont want to burn up that expensive tranny.:razz:

This is kind of fun. What else you got

kennys@wi.rr.com

C'mon kenny, since it was mine you drove, are you bad mouthin' my baby? i
Ya know it didn't occur one time all the way home, got a little (slight ) shimmy in curves at speed though.
It would seem once the tires warm up , it goes away. The next day it was back at low speeds (35ish)
Musta been the driver. I did only have one hand on the wheel and the other on the video camera trying to capture the death wobble.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want both
I have both and like both. However, they are different trucks. I personally like driving the A2 better than the A3 because it goes faster and has a manual transmission. If I take my wife with me, I drive the A3 because it is quieter and she doesn't complain so much, although she still complains. If I'm pulling a loaded trailer, I use the A2 because I don't want to stress the Allison in the A3. I like the looks of both trucks, although I do have the rusty riveted hood on the A3, hopefully to be replaced at some point by a fiberglass hood. I would advise anyone not certain which they want, to drive each and make their decision. As far as reliability, they are both very reliable trucks if treated decently.