• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 flywheel house

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning everyone! I am looking at an a3 that has a busted flywheel house where the starter bolts to it. It was wrecked so I am a little concerned about what else might be damaged due to the force it took to crack the housing. Where else should I look? Also, what is a good source for that housing? I would need to replace the steering gear, drivers suspension and shock, oil pan. Also have to replace the fender. Hit was on drivers side. Also, what is the max that should be paid for this? Rest of truck seems to be ok.

E18A9D56-43C9-4D80-A539-2A43EBAF1B37.jpeg2E350F01-CF2B-47D1-A3EB-045732774E23.jpegF876D8FB-704B-4550-8ADE-8DCCEE1CF37A.jpegA3E9A8E0-A854-4188-83A7-F919E5BB99A8.jpeg

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds to me that this is now a parts truck. I wouldn't touch it unless you intend to part it out.
yeah, I considered getting it if the price is right and pulling the engine and transmission so I can check them out better. Engine was running still after the wreck I was told. I may be mistaken, but I believe I’d have to pull them out to change the flywheel housing anyway. I’ll take frame measurements and do a more thorough inspection then (if I’m able to buy it). With it in its current condition any idea on pricing? I have a rough idea what I could part it out for and it’s more than the asking already but I want to make sure I am thinking sensibly.

HDN

Sounds to me that this is now a parts truck. I wouldn't touch it unless you intend to part it out.
I agree - definitely a parts truck. It could be a fun project taking the 3116 out of this truck and putting it an M35A2 with a broken motor and coupling that with a ZF transmission like that M35E3C I saw awhile back. Or put it in the dead M54A1 listed in your signature?

As for buying the wreck - maybe pay $2000 or less for it?

davidb56

2-3K$ if you can do all the work. at that price, there is no risk. The owner may consider parting it out himself if you go too low. but a 3 grand offer would sway most from the bother of hauling a carcass away after the vultures pick at it. just make sure the Frame is straight unless you have the tools to do it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have an A2 900 series dump truck at the Museum. Took a hit on the drivers front, just like the one pictured. Ripped the knuckle off, tire/wheel/knuckle are in the bed. Broke the FW housing, engine gear housing, trans bellhousing, output housing, spring and hangar and more, but the truck doesn't look that bad....until you start looking at it.

I agree, a parts truck.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If an insurance company is involved, the insurance company likely owns it now. If the guy still has it and no insurance company is involved, show up with $1500.00 in cash and see what happens. You can always go up. I would say $3000.00 is max, but I personally wouldn't go over $2500.00. You are talking about a lot of labor.

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh well, it sold yesterday. I asked the guy for pictures of underneath the engine and transmission so I could see if the frame was tweaked. With that kind of lateral damage, I figured there was more shock damage somewhere. Never got the pictures though. On toward the next project!

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks