• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Food Truck Finally Operational not complete

Jim Deggys

After seven long months, a fabrication buddy and I have made my Pizza food truck operational.

one.jpg

Not the best picture in the world, I'm setting up a full marketing photoshoot later next month. I will custom build an attached ice chest with drawers where the ice chest's are currently on the ground

two.jpg

The Deuce really made this a hit. Everyone how commented said that the "army truck" made it look badass

three.jpg

My biggest obsticle was widening the base from 84" outside left tire to outside right tire to 96". This gave me about 100% more stability. G272 MSA's look awesome but did rub the bogie trunnion cap until my mod.

four.jpgfive.jpg

These tires and duals made the truck in this setting completely awesome

six.jpg

Side view from earlier in the build, we wanted the entire side to be able to open for easy access to work on larger components

seven.jpg

Added a exhaust vent for my oven

eight.jpg

Operational but not complete. We need to do 100's of small things but the larger things include wrapping the oven in diamond plate, air bags to the front suspension, Ducting our air conditioners

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You put that across scales? Might be a tad over weight on steer and drivers, LEO might mess with ya.

Jim Deggys

The drive shaft added 13 ft. Its an entire school bus plus the short shaft from the Deuce. This thing is going to sit on a Military base for the next 20 years. Drives 3 miles per day and thats a straight shot.

rustystud

When I first saw your original idea I thought to myself "here's another dreamer that will start this project and then due to costs and time will give-up and sell it for scrap" . Well you proved me wrong in a big way ! Congratulations on a job well done !!! I hope your business does well and you and your family prosper !

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, that's beautiful! Great work, congrats on the completion of a lot of hard work!!
[thumbzup]

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember seeing some mention of this awhile back, ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶o̶d̶?̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶L̶D̶T̶?̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶L̶D̶S̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶l̶y̶?̶

Edit:aua i need to learn to read/pay attention, it's an A3, not an A2, effing brain fart

question still partly stands did you keep the cat or go with something else

Last edited:

nukem

I own a deuce and also have a food trailer.

Do you have a four foot tall platform for your customers to stand on or do you drop the food to them?

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
kinda toward the middle you can see they actually added a drop down, If they don't outright serve from there then they prolly also have a tent or something to setup just outside the truck for all the Point-of-sale stuff. either way that center bit looks low enough to serve from

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks