• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 fuel issue

RWG

Master switch on, no fuel at the bottom of the fuel filter where the drain is at. I checked the check valve at the tank and it is OK. Opened fuel line at the top of the engine and could suck fuel with some degree of difficulty.
Does the lack of fuel at the drain on the bottom of the fuel filter mean the filter is stopped up, or no fuel coming to the filter?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure the check valve at the top of the tank/feed line is free and flowing. That valve is always a problem when left sitting.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your first statement has me. Master on. The Deuce A3 cat did not have a electric fuel pump. The thread I am thinking talked about if prime is lost. Almost need the little had pump to get the rail clear to fire easy. The Cat 3116 in my M1088 now has a hand primer to expel air for fast start. As for the filter sometimes the drain get junked. Have to remove the fitting or clean out some how.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Floridianson mentioned, it is quite common for the drain petcock to get plugged up. Open the petcock and use a piece of welding rod to clean it out. I occasionally open the petcock while the engine is running. The pressure and volume flush it out. Only takes a second or two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks