• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Fuel Mileage - MPG

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know what type of MPG the M35A3s get?

I am planning a cross country recovery and was trying to guestimate my fuel cost.

Thanks in advance.

Warthog

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trip will be from Barstow, CA to OKC. Planning on driving down Rt. 66. Only 1200+ miles.... :shock:

Trying to talk my son into going with me.

And I will have a camera with many memory cards.

Warthog

P.S. When the time comes I will take orders for parts delivery....lol

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers said:
Hey Joe. Are you going to get to keep the truck now or do you still have to sell it?
It's still for sale. I may have a buyer that I will be delivering to.

Are you interested?

Just getting everything in place in case I need (have) to bring it home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have gotten 12-14 MPG running 45-50 on 4 lane roads....that is in a deuce with no cargo cover to catch the wind and with no load in the bed.
Since I run half Used Motor oil and half gas I dont worry too much about cost of fuel....if you can get good clean UMO (no water or crud in it) you are basically driving for half what gas cost....some people run more than 50/50 but I err on the side of caution since I dont have a pyrometer.
I filter it three times before it goes in the tank and the deuce filters it three times before it hits the injector pump.
I have had no probs but always carry extra filters and know how to change them in the dark while getting rained on (don't ask how I know).
Also carry spare eveything if you are going on a long trip.
It's also not a bad idea to get the phone numbers of fellow SS members along your route. You can put out a mayday and someone will come to your rescue.
Good luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Crap.....just saw that it was an A3 you are going after.....guess its' just diesel for you.
I would remove the cargo canvas to lower wind resistance....other than that just look for the "sweet spot" where it seems to pull good but not suck the bottom out of the tank.
Good luck with that yaller motor.

Somemedic

Another great man from Alabama suggested for my recovery to procure 2-55 gal drums of WMO from a autozone or oil change joint. Cut ur fuel (unleaded) like he says (after youve filtered it) and drive away for 1.75-2.00 a gal.

Anymore thats almost like driving for free