• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 fuel problem

hemichallenger

I bought a low milage m35a3 from GL that had set around for years. I could not get it to prime and run. I put air in the fuel tank and it would only push fuel up the return. Long story short there is a check valve in the elbow on top of the fuel tank that I did not know about that stuck shut with the old fuel. Hope this helps someone.

Hoefler

I have gone through two A3 fuel systems.
What to do. First, take the elbow off the top of the tank-there is a check valve in it. It may be gummed up. Clean it so the valve-ball operates freely. Re-install. Open petcock on bottom of fuel filter. Stuff a rag in top of tank and gently apply compressed air into tank until fuel starts to run out of open petcock. Close petcock. Try starting-she should fire right up. Once running, drive to Dairy Queen and get large malt.

rvnlrrp

M35A3 Check Valve. thanks to you guys I got my sons M35A3 running like a champ. Check valve was stuck, cleaned it up, gently turned the engine over and was proud as a new Dad when that sucker fire up, belched out black smoke and began to run like the First Sergeant was after it. Smoke cleared up and now to the CTIS (Oh Crap, where is the Motor Sgt when I need him?).

thanks!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks