• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 has Arrived

renovate7

First a big thanks to Travis in Gainsville Fl for recovering this for me. We had a no start situation. He stopped off at his shop and got it running. Turns out it was a stuck back flow preventer valve on the top of the fuel tank. These A3's don't have a fuel pump in the tank...This A3 was purchased at the Warner Robbins 9/16 sale. I went up right after the auction to asses it. I then made a second trip with a van full of 14.5R20's, generator, compressor etc. Got the 2 bad tires changed out on base by Ratliff Tire. Couldn't get it started... The tool box was locked, a good thing. I got it open and found the full set of original tools, jack, fire extinguishe, triangles etc. Nice! I've ordered the few parts it needs, tail light, mirror, split boot. Someone had taken a forklift and hit all 3, as well as the front light buckets and mud flaps. The truck has 3850 original miles. I'm going to clean it and give it some fresh paint but it doesn't need much at all, unlike an A2 I bought several years ago.

Attachments

Travis89xj

Hey Aztec I got your email emailed you back.

It was great to meet a fellow member. The pics with the flat tires make Hank's truck look kind of rough but in person its in real good shape besides were the gl folk tried to kill it with a forklift.

Hey Hank great to meet you. How is the truck running? Is it starting hard or anything?

renovate7

The tires are available from Berg Tire in North Carolina. Do a search on Ebay by tire size, he does most of his selling there. I think he is getting $700 for 7, a pretty good deal. Talk to him on the phone and make sure your getting whatever % of wear you think your getting. He has them to almost new condition.

swampzr2

The tires are available from Berg Tire in North Carolina. Do a search on Ebay by tire size, he does most of his selling there. I think he is getting $700 for 7, a pretty good deal. Talk to him on the phone and make sure your getting whatever % of wear you think your getting. He has them to almost new condition.

What size tires do the A3's have? I couldn't find it on the side wall anywhere.

Clay James

The tool box was locked, a good thing. I got it open and found the full set of original tools, jack, fire extinguishe, triangles etc.
Sometimes you get lucky. I got that stuff plus tire irons, a glad hand, air line and a tire inflator just sitting in a plastic basket in the bed when I picked up my M35A2.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks