• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Information

slotnickj

I have been given direction by my Police Agency to procure 4 Deuces for emergency rescue and transport. I have been an MV collector for some time and deuce driver. I called our local DRMO looking for M35A2C's and they suggested I consider the A3's. My question is does anybody have any opinion on servicablity/durability/problems/benefits of one versus the other.

I am coming to this forum because I new the best information would be here! I look forward to your opinions, Thank you in advance.

kipman

m35a3, is a rebuuilt A2 with a cat motor, auto tranny, central tire inflation system, in other words much more to go wrong. M35a2 is cheap, easy to fix and parts are avalible.

bugei

on the other hand..........the a3's seem to be in great shape, and have many of the "modern conveniences" including, i believe, cup holders, seat belts, nicer seats, etc.. especially if you get them for shipping. the cat motor and transmissions are standard stuff, so the power train section of the show should be pretty easy to get parts for.

jatonka

M35A3s

Well, The M35A3 is quite a truck, get them, then when you're tired of them, sell them to the guys who want them on this site. Or.... you could get the M35A2, or 800 series and use it to death, enjoy it, name it, curse it, and then sell it to the guys on this site. I would figure it around your drivers. If they drive standard transmission, get the M35A2. if they can't drive, get the M35A3s, I wish you luck. John Tennis

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get past the looks of a A3 they're pretty good trucks. I guess nobody would care about looks in an emergency :lol: .
I'm not a big fan of the auto trans in a heavy truck but they would be easier for people to drive. There seems to be more and more people nowdays that don't know the first thing about driving a stick.

slotnickj

RE: M35A3s

Just a little bit of information, over the next couple of years the military will be phasing out all m35 series vehicles. I heard there are some major organizational turn ins coming where the will receive replacement lmtvs as they turn in their deuces. On the private side I own an M35A2 W/W, but now I am trophy hunting! Anyway, my Police Commander knew I was into green steel and gave me the go ahead to shop for the city! Oh and by the way I will be responsible for the program so I guess it is CSM/Policer Officer/ and once again Truck Master. I am looking forward to the challenge..:) by the way if you aqquire the item on the DOD LEO loan program you can get any spare parts from DOD with priority if not in stock you can purchase them at GSA contract rates.

jeli

RE: M35A3s

Get the A3's. Sutomatic, power steering, more power, on a fresh rebuil. There's a reason one just sold in Barstow for 13K?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M35A3s

jeli said:
Get the A3's. Sutomatic, power steering, more power, on a fresh rebuil. There's a reason one just sold in Barstow for 13K?
That will just make the A2 and A2C be a bit less expensive and easier for us to aquire :)

nattieleather

RE: Re: RE: M35A3s

I would say that you should go for the A3. Better motor and trans will do 60 with out batting an eye and have plenty of power left over. Electric wippers, auto trans, comfy seats all around better truck.

What does your city plan to use them for?