• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 leaking fuel near filter

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you have solved the problem. Cleaning the check valve should be SOP for A3s. Mine even looked like it had some hair or fibrous material mixed in with the gunk.

Hoefler

I pulled out what looked like an eyelash or brow in the check valve area. Maybe the people who put these together should wear hair nets and practice better grooming.

CanonNinja

my truck has been great ever since. but i need to clean the tank out. my truck was a Katrina truck from Ft Polk, so its got random rust from piece-meal post-flood PMs

Hoefler

Found the leak near fuel filter.
Took the entire assembly off of engine. There are O-rings in the fitting for the lines in and out of housing-pulled the TM on it-brought it to CAT and they found the proper O-rings. The elbowthat screws into side and the tee on opposite side have another O-ring that seals the fittings that screw into housing. Discovered that these arte leaking-perhaps they where the culprits all the while. I will be replacing these out and hope to have this thing sealed up nice and tight. Note-the MIL version of the filter assembly-mount is different than commercial CAT engines. I have the part number for the small sline O rings if anybody needs. Next week I will source the larger fitting O-rings-I will get that part number as well.
A buddy of mine gave me some fuel algea shock treatment for tank. He has bad algea in his trucks-shocked the tanks and killed all the algea. This should keep the lines clean and dependable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks