• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 - Master Cylinder Remote Reservoir Fill Level

HDN

According to the PMCS, I need to make sure the brake fluid reservoir on my truck is filled to a "bottom ring". I'm just not sure what that "ring" is. Is it one of the casting loop seams on the top of the reservoir? Something I'm missing where the reservoir caps go on?

1715124926930.png

I've always made sure I've had fluid in there and that my brakes work, but I can't remember what I assumed the "ring" was
😕

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I take the TM instruction to mean fill to the bottom of the round neck the cap screws on. Anyway, that is what I've been doing for the almost 14 years I've owned my M35A3 and I've never had any issues.

HDN

I take the TM instruction to mean fill to the bottom of the round neck the cap screws on. Anyway, that is what I've been doing for the almost 14 years I've owned my M35A3 and I've never had any issues.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I know that brake fluid tends to expand and contract when it gets warm, but I'm not sure how DOT 5 handles it. I guess it doesn't get affected much, especially in a deuce
🤷‍♂️

My other daily drivers have fill lines that are well below the bottom of the filler neck, but they use DOT 3 too.