• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 master cylinder

jacklegjim

I am converting the brakes on my m35a2 to the a3 dual circuit brakes and when I pulled the master cylinder apart to clean and replace the orings I
noticed one of the small springs under one of the two plungers was missing. I assume both should have a spring.Anyone know of a source to get the springs?
I have searched for parts or a kit and did not come up with any thing other than a new one from $500 to $1200. I did not realize how rare parts for these are.

Jim

peashooter

I am converting the brakes on my m35a2 to the a3 dual circuit brakes and when I pulled the master cylinder apart to clean and replace the orings I
noticed one of the small springs under one of the two plungers was missing. I assume both should have a spring.Anyone know of a source to get the springs?
I have searched for parts or a kit and did not come up with any thing other than a new one from $500 to $1200. I did not realize how rare parts for these are.

Jim
The parts arent really that rare at all, whats rare is a the combination of parts specific to the M35A3 master cylinder. There are around 40 variations of this master cylinder, some are really common but the combination of the 1.75" bore, 50/50 split primary & secondary pistons, and remote reservoir top plate are what make this unit rare.
Below is part of the drawing for this M/C. If you look at it you can see that the spring's part number is 2228129. Try doing a search for the part or give a rebuilder a call about it. When you do re-assemble the unit make sure you either have the pistons compressed really far with a C-clamp or make sure you tip the valves as shown in the picture by putting a small pin through the center of each hole in the reservoir plate otherwise you will crush those little valves when you tighten down the remote reservoir plate. PM me if you have questions.

Attachments

jacklegjim

Thanks Rustystud and Peashooter. This should have been a working unit and it is unlikely it would have been working if that spring was missing.So after work today I thought maybe it dropped out when I lifted the top plate off and sure enough the spring was on the floor.When I removed the top plate one of the valves had popped up and was sitting on the spring the other valve had dropped down it the hole. That is why I thought the spring was missing. Thanks for the info on the re-assembly there is a good chance I would have broke something without it.

deuceman51

I have a brand new one in the box for $400 shipped if anyone is interested. PM me. I'm just trying to get back what I paid for it as I'm not going to use it anymore for a project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks