• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

scopionf89

Boys equipment told me that they were going to be getting new air assist kits made from a new supplier. They might have a rebuild kit.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find one of those rebuild kits for the air assist steering cylinder?
I don't think rebuild kits are available for the cylinder. Are you sure yours needs rebuilding? If you have a problem with seals, many folks solve their problem by adding a small amount of air tool oil. Adding the oil solved all of my problems. Add the oil at the inlet port of the actuator - that way it goes through the whole system. I jacked my truck up and exercised everything by turning the wheel lock to lock multiple times.

Deuce007

I have checked the entire system for leaks and the only one that I have found is the priority valve and I am going to replace that on monday or tuesday. I am not sure that it needs rebuilding its just that my air buzzer always turns one when I turn the wheel and it doesn't turn nice and smoothly like I would think it should. I have already tried putting MM oil in the inlet line and the two lines that connect to the cylinder and that hasn't fixed the problem yet. the last thing I tried was to turn the air regulator valve up on the side of the frame but that didn't help either. The wierd thing is that it doesn't set off the alarm when the front of the truck is jacked off of the ground.

Deuce007

I replaced the priority valve today and it's obvious that the seal in the old valve is destroyed. I will test drive it this week and take pics of the old valve and see if the problem is fixed.

brianp454

I have an M35A2 and have put MRAP wheels on it with adapters. With the adapters the flange is effectively inset about two inches, where the orginal wheels have an offset of about an inch to allow them to be dualled. I would like to mount my spare on the spare bracket; however, the deep inset wont allow it to fit and the original did. I'm thinking the A3 wheels are somewhere in-between in terms of their offset. Does the A3 truck have the same spare bracket mounted on the frame? Can one of you take a couple pictures and PM them to me so I can compare them?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the A3 has the same spare tire attach bracket, the 14.5 x 20 just fits in there.

Last edited:

brianp454

I'm using 365\80R20's which is the metric version of the A3 14.5 x 20, so I'm sure it can fit. My concern is how the tire will meet the spare mount. My offset will prevent it from touching the same as the A2 wheel. Can you send me a couple pics of the A3 spare mount (trying to understand if it is different than the A2 version and how I can modify mine to work)?

Yes, the A3 has the spare spare tire attach bracket, the 14.5 x 20 just fits in there.

tomcata3

the spare tire bracket on an a3 is about 3" longer (on the bar that sticks out, 1.5" socket)
compared to an a2 bracket, I tried to fit an 395/ 85 on it but it woud not fit

voltedge

Hi A3 owners,
I'm new to the world of ex military trucks, but have always wanted one since I was a kid. Like most newbies, I wanted a deuce and then realized that I really wanted an auto tranny truck instead. After researching the web, I had kinda decided on a 5 ton, but figured that was just a tad too much truck for my first! Upon further studies, I have found the A3 variant which gives me the deuce in a more modern flare. Problem is that there's no large supply to choose from now. The next issue is pricing. What should I be expecting to land a non-winch truck in the 7,000 mile range? I'm definitely not interested in paying over $10k when I can get a decent 5 ton from GL for somewhere in the $5k area. I know this isn't the correct subforum to ask this question, but you all are the A3 experts! Thanks in advance A L

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks