• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

Brianmontesa

Maybe he means they don't like them on base. Anyhow... I oredered 2 Interstate batteries. Not cheep, but I want the good stuff and I want them to fit snug in the box. Still waiting for my EUC so I can go get it. Did I mention it has a flat tire also? Fun times ahead.

Thanks for the info!!!

BIGDDV

Maybe he means they don't like them on base. Anyhow... I oredered 2 Interstate batteries. Not cheep, but I want the good stuff and I want them to fit snug in the box. Still waiting for my EUC so I can go get it. Did I mention it has a flat tire also? Fun times ahead.

Thanks for the info!!!
Don't forget to order the sf-97. takes a while to get and it is a must have to get a title and plates

Deuce007

Is it possible that my primary air tank has hardly any pressure in it but my air guage says that the pressure is 120? I have noticed that whenever I shut off the truck and drain the moisture from the tanks, it seems like the primary tanks (the tank closest to the passenger side of the truck) has hardly any pressure in it at all. My gauge must work because no matter what drain valve I open the gauge says that the pressure dropped.

cast iron

m35a3 owners in Houston Tx area

Would like to meet other m35a3 truck owners in the Houston area to help with questions on maintenance and service of my new to me truck. No issues on truck yet but would like backup if needed.

New to SS but I think any replys will get to my e-mail address . Thanks

BadMastard

Hey Deuce007. Well, it's more likely you have a clogged valve on that tank. See if when you open it if you can use the tube from a wd40 can and poke it up there. Then, it looks like you're breaking out the manual!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a lot of people don't empty the air tanks on A3s even though they should. Mine were all plugged up. So was the drain on the fuel filter. It took quite a bit of rodding out to get that opened up.

Hoefler

Both my A3's had split but not leaking lower radiator hoses. I got new ones from Ericks M35. I have also replaced the main pressure line from regulator to pitman arm on steering.
Pete

Bigjer

Block heater

Has anyone installed the Cat block heater for the 3116 into our trucks. Also is anyone running anything other than the Cat ELC premix?
Thanks

Hoefler

I just picked up a few Hot Start inline engine coolant heaters. Am going to install on this week. I have found my truck will start in weather as cold as 10 degrees f with a little shot of ether.
Pete

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, who has the hookup on the wheel seals. My A3 has a minor leak on both wheels on the center axle..:popcorn:

Don

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a few Hot Start inline engine coolant heaters. Am going to install on this week. I have found my truck will start in weather as cold as 10 degrees f with a little shot of ether.
Pete

I found that without that cold start system, that motor does not want to start when cold. At 26*F, it took about ten cycles with the starter to get it running. After the cold start valve was replaced, one shot, first cycle and it started.

A Hotstart unit is highly recommended for those who don't like to use ether.......hint, hint, Don.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 of them I got off Dell last year in Ga. I can take a hint, I just dont like ether. Now for the major question, On a CAT 3116, whats the general installation information. Wouldn't want to install it wrong. I know it has to be installed LOW near the frame.

Hoefler, Could you take pictures of yours when you install it and where you tapped in..?

Thanks gentelmen...!

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 of them I got off Dell last year in Ga. I can take a hint, I just dont like ether. Now for the major question, On a CAT 3116, whats the general installation information. Wouldn't want to install it wrong. I know it has to be installed LOW near the frame.

Hoefler, Could you take pictures of yours when you install it and where you tapped in..?

Thanks gentelmen...!
Don, did you put the Hot Start on your A2?
I'd rather not use the ether either (??) but on the Cat, it will keep your starter from overheating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks