• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

the buddah

ok i have a new one on the head light-plugs you have 16 17 18 well on my A3 the plug 18 is a small pin what gives any one know or havent you checked yet aua

Deuce007

Another thing that I have noticed on my truck is that the valve vent on my rear axle leaks air whenever the CTIS begins to inflate. I think that the quad seals are probably to blame. Would this also be the cause of the flat tires that I get on the same rear axle of the truck?

Last edited:

the buddah

ok i found the issue one dont try to fix stuff in the dark along the road and two have more lighting on my trips the pin broke off in the deallie and thats why i thought it was a small pin hole aua

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know of a source for new or NOS priority valves for the A3? I'm getting tired of hitting mine with a wrench to get it to release. If I can't find a new one, I might try to take mine apart and clean it.

Docuscg

Does anyone know of a source for new or NOS priority valves for the A3? I'm getting tired of hitting mine with a wrench to get it to release. If I can't find a new one, I might try to take mine apart and clean it.
I have new valve rebuild kits listed in the Classifieds if that will help you. Docuscg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have new valve rebuild kits listed in the Classifieds if that will help you. Docuscg
I'm looking for a replacement priority valve. I only saw wheel valve rebuild kits listed for sale by you in the classifieds. The priority valve is the valve that mounts on the right side air tank that maintains pneumatic pressure for the brakes, if there is a major leak in any non-brake portion of the pneumatic system. I've never seen these for sale anywhere, but they are a common trouble point for A3 trucks. They look like a small regulator.

Last edited:

kymike

Am new to military truck ownership. Yesterday I arrived at home with a 99 M35A3. The seller recommended I invest in a spin-on oil filer adapter kit. Is that the consensus and does anyone know where I can find one?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am new to military truck ownership. Yesterday I arrived at home with a 99 M35A3. The seller recommended I invest in a spin-on oil filer adapter kit. Is that the consensus and does anyone know where I can find one?
I think the M35A3 already should have a spin on oil filter...

trukhead

We fabbed up this battery tray for the A3. The mil batteries went south and I got 2 31-4 900 CCA semi batteries brand spankin new for $177.ish. Batteries didn't fit well in the box so this tray fixed the truck right up. I might install the LED headlights one of these days as well.

:D:mrgreen::driver::doghead::beer::jumpin::whistle::3dAngus::tin hat::hammer:

Attachments

kymike

Thanks for the info. I didn't think to check the filters when I bought it and took the seller at his word. I'll spend some time under the hood before posting additional questions. Thanks again.

the buddah

got them off a guy who was selling them on here i dont think he has them any-more but i went thru the classif on here and sorry i wont be hooking up the old again but i tell you they are great dont know how i ever drove with out them i paid 75 each and they came with the whole assemb not just the head lights

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks