• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 recovery from Fort McCoy

chvss65

went up 6/22/11,,, Mike (GL) was great,,,,check truck out, one dead battery,,changed them both out,, checked fluids,,,all up,,, truck fired right up,, foot feed was sticking,, alittle Acroil on the top of return spings on injector fixed that,,,3 low tires,, CTIS worked and brought them up in run flat mode,,Mike stated that approx 2/3 rds of the CTIS are working ,,, I was too busy trying to roll to take lot picts,,, but a bunch of trucks there getting ready for auctions,,, 300 mile trip home,, ran like a top,, everthing worked on truck,,,sure miss the overdrive of the A2's

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

Glad to see the recovery went so well. I picked on up on Friday for another member and the CTIS wasn't working, oh well. They are an ok truck, just not at the top of my list anymore after driving that one. She moved on down the road today to her new home in OH, so if you ever need another one picked up let me know. I'll gladly go to McCoy any day and drag one home.

lonegunman

Nice truck, the first one I ever bid on was a 432 mile with winch A3 at McCoy. It still had plastic on the seats and went for solid money. I went all the way to 8K before I quit. They seem to have a lot of decent running trucks up there.

3dAngus

That is a nice looking truck. Never knew how anybody could call the A3 an ugly truck.

In some respects, I guess that could be said about all of them, but I think they're all beautiful.

Congrats on the recovery!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks