• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35A3 recovery from GSA

goodguyzy

chase vehicle: 2005 Tahoe

12-13-10
04:30 left house
09:00 TPMS alarm (low tire pressure) cursing at TPMS
09:10 come to a small town and check tires (found leak, loving TPMS)
09:40 back on road after having leak fixed
11:00 arrive at location
11:00-11:45 checks and tires inflated to proper pressure (problems found are no low air alarm, headlights missing, turn signal switch assembly missing. No headlights and no brake lights.
12:00 on road, chase vehicle in rear
12:30 stop for lunch and fuel (realizing time is passing faster than anticipated)
14:00 tires rounding out and riding better (temp @ 180 trans temp 140)
16:00 chase vehicle now in front due to no headlights (fog setting in)
17:00 dark unable to see (heavy fog) close to a town, pull over and leave truck. drive to napa, just before closing, ask for anything 24v. One aviation light is available and buy some misc, items to jerry rig up one light.
19:00 one jerry rigged light is working and is about 1/2 power of regular light on low beam.back on road.
22:00 arrive home, back aching, but full of joy.

first time driving an A3, loved every minute of it. I passed a truck on a hill!! loved the cat motor, 45 MPH a bit slow for my taste. air assisted steering, electric wipers, singled tires..... i love this truck. now i personally know what the differences are between an A2 and A3, so much so that my m35a2 w/w is now for sale. there are so many improvements that i love i could type for a half hour, but will leave it at this, between an A2 or A3? A3 hands down. Yes I will still have my other A2's that i do like but.....my A3? that's where its at.

Truck specs:
1997 build
3,300 miles
soft top
no winch

anyone have any suggestions on where to get missing parts please chime in.
thanks to everyone for inspection suggestions.

mudguppy

i have two headlights that i took off my truck (A2) that are no longer needed - should be the same? just haven't gotten around to putting together classifieds of all this stuff.

i'm on the wrong coast, but...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent job of endangering everyone else on the road with this recovery. No lights whatsoever.. Your giving the hobby a bad name as far as saftey... Tell us, did you have insurance or tags for this move?????

goodguyzy

Excellent job of endangering everyone else on the road with this recovery. No lights whatsoever.. Your giving the hobby a bad name as far as saftey... Tell us, did you have insurance or tags for this move?????
running lights, this is not like driving on the highway, this is Oregon's outback country road

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks