• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 road tractor

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m275a3! I am pretty sure you would be the first. If it were me I would get a real m275 and swap parts from both trucks to make it look like a factory job, not just an m35a3 with a 5th wheel.... What are you going to pull with it?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are going to pull light loads you will be fine......you will have to install air lines with shut off valves to put air on any trailer you want to pull.

You will also need a "pogo stick" to hold the pigtail used to power the lights on the trailer.....I would wire it to pull military and civy trailers.

If you want to be able to use the trailer brakes without pushing the brake pedal you will have to install a hand valve (also known as a Johnny Bar or Trolley Brake) on the right side of the steering column.

Since they are scrapping so many tractors out at Camp Shelby you can prob pick up all the stuff you need from SS member csmdavis down there.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
m275a3! I am pretty sure you would be the first. If it were me I would get a real m275 and swap parts from both trucks to make it look like a factory job, not just an m35a3 with a 5th wheel.... What are you going to pull with it?
Actually it would be a M48A3. The M275 was a short wheelbase.:beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go for it
How much shorter is the wheelbase on the m275 when compared to the m35
Off the top of my head, I think it's 12". But the M275's had different fuel tanks, air resevoirs etc. The M48 has the same wheelbase as a cargo and uses the standard fuel tanks/air resevoirs. And as an added bonus it has a spare tire and toolbox.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YEP, go for it, do it right, make it look like it was a MILITARY standard production

I yes you should . I turned my m211 in to a tractor I pull a car trailer and can move the larger trailer when I need to . It's easy to park in town when we go to dinner . the bed was just to tall .

Attachments

tm america

I say go for it..Funny they didn't make them from uncle sam?THey had pretty many of the other variants a tractor could have been a handy truck to have ?I like the long wheel base tractors.. There was a guy that made one and put a winch-head ache rack from a pipeline truck up behind the cab,,,very handy for winching things up on the trailer..

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM,
That was miltrucks that did that. FYI, There is one of those headache racks from a pipeline truck leaning against one of Jack Tomlins R/R cars for sale in UT with the winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks