• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 screeching noise

HDN

@rustystud I don't think most people here will hold that against you. No one's perfect after all, as much as we try to be :p I value your experience and anyone else's when it comes to transmissions.

I've never taken one apart farther than the shift tower, and barely understand how automatics work besides clutches engaging combinations of planetary gears to make things go. It's always enlightening when I read those experiences on here.

My favorite tidbit I've learned here is that water-flooded automatic transmissions may get gooey on the inside o_O

rustystud

@rustystud I don't think most people here will hold that against you. No one's perfect after all, as much as we try to be :p I value your experience and anyone else's when it comes to transmissions.

I've never taken one apart farther than the shift tower, and barely understand how automatics work besides clutches engaging combinations of planetary gears to make things go. It's always enlightening when I read those experiences on here.

My favorite tidbit I've learned here is that water-flooded automatic transmissions may get gooey on the inside o_O
Thanks HDN .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your right. I shouldn't post when I'm tired. It must be fun to try and find my mistakes though.
Normally I don't replay to Gerhard's comments but this time I really did screw up my answer.

Yea thank you for the last comment posted and he is one of the Good guys here and always willing to help with the right answer. Had the pleasure of meeting and talking to G at the GA rally, verry smart and very well educated in my .02

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks