• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 tire repair Assistance Question

Special T

I have a tire question . I installed 4 wheels and tires from a 5 ton ? on my bobbed deuce . They are 46 inches high and are marked tubeless . Used " peabody's " wheel adapters . They ride OK . I checked the air pressure and all 4 tires have less than 20 lbs of air ! On the side of the tire asks for 95 lbs . What's with that ?
Air pressure is a weight speed time triangle. Any tire you can make it do something its not specifically for if you adjust tue others. 20psi is great for increased traction while offroading or city cruising. Slow speed short distance. However if you wanted to run it for 5hrs at 60mph you had better bump up the air pressure. Tables are produced for non dot rated tires that adress these variables. I dont see them for dot rated tires and im guessing its liability.

daytonatrbo

Thats for the maximum weight rating. I run much less pressure in mine too.
This^

The PSI rating on the tire is the MAX allowable for the tire, to give the maximum weight carry capacity. You will be very unhappy driving an empty truck with the tires pumped up to max.

Typically the deuces will have something like 45-55psi stenciled on the side as that is the expected normal operating PSI for various loads. But if you review the manuals you will find different recommendations for different situations.

Now throw in the fact that you are running larger tires on a deuce, you will likely need even less PSI to carry the same weight as before. The bigger tire has more area that those Pounds per Square Inch are acting on.

JoeD

Hi All, well I got my A3 back from C & C equipment. They replaced the tires that were ruined from the trucking company that deflated them to transport it. I also had him replace the rims along with the new tires. He replaced the soft top with a new hard top and changed the front hubs. He painted it back to the original green from the tan. It looks great. I cannot recommend Clinton and the guys at C & C enough. I will post some pics soon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks