• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Tire Replacement

Skycop

I have reviewed the other posts about M35A3 tires, but was wondering if anyone knows where we can find replacements at? I am trying to start my search now as some of the tires are showing dryrot on the sidewalls and I want to begin the process now.

SEAFIRE

I have reviewed the other posts about M35A3 tires, but was wondering if anyone knows where we can find replacements at? I am trying to start my search now as some of the tires are showing dryrot on the sidewalls and I want to begin the process now.
Try these guys,
They have tons and tons of military tires, used, but most are in like new condition.

If they don't have the size you need, they can call two other storage areas and see if the other storage areas have them.

Gensco tires
Main Office & Warehouse
3400 Hwy. 60 South
Physical Address: 102 Hawes Road
Wharton, Texas 77488
(800) 663 - 5287 toll free U.S. only

We have gotten a lot tires from them with no problems for our deuces, and a few of our guys have gotten Humvee tires from them for their 4x4 trucks for very cheap.

Last time I was there they had 12.5 x 20 and 14/14.5 x 20, some on rims already.

Last edited:

SEAFIRE

Thanks guys! I will call this places after the holidays and post what I find!
Skycop,
I called Gensco today, they said that they now keep the 14.5 x 20 tires at the Alabama warehouse. They have trucks running back and forth between locations and can ship the tires you want to one of the Texas locations for free.
I was told $200 for new 14.5 x 20's, and $150 for used very good condition.

I forgot the web link in my post: Home

flyxpl

Good deal , And to think a guy in the classifieds told me he paid $ 700 each for some 14.5s he is selling . I have 3 new tires for my A3 need 3 more .

Last edited:

Alredneck

Banned
While your at it might as well step up to some 395s, they will fit and get you a lil road speed as well! Also dig a deeper hole to get stuck in!

flyxpl

While your at it might as well step up to some 395s, they will fit and get you a lil road speed as well! Also dig a deeper hole to get stuck in!
When the guy told me he wanted $750 per tire , that was my reply . Before I paid that much four 14.5 tires I would buy for 395's . I don't know why I am hessitant to do it . The extra road speed should be good enough reason to make the change . Now all I need to do is find someone to give me $ 700 a piece for the three new 14.5's I have .

Last edited:

lonegunman

My truck had two brand spanking new steer tires and I have two new tires in my shop I got for 200 a piece. I need two more at some point but am going to run my rear tires until they rot.

After talking to my brother I am thinking a swap to a commerical 22" rim tire will probably be in my future. They are far cheaper, more common and in use. Almost nothing uses the 20" tire in America and Michelin has discountinued the 14.5X20 for the A3.

Skycop

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the specifics to the 395 tire? Outside of the extra speed (how much would you think I could get?), what are the benefits? And I assume they are 700 bucks a piece? Wowzers.

:shock:

flyxpl

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the specifics to the 395 tire? Outside of the extra speed (how much would you think I could get?), what are the benefits? And I assume they are 700 bucks a piece? Wowzers.

:shock:
14.5 are 43 tall 395 are about 46 tall . 395's are cheaper than 14.5 . The $ 700 tires I saw for sale were 14.5 ( which were overpriced ) . 395's are found for $100 -150 used . The most I have seen brand new 395 tires for is about $400 . I would geuss with the 395 on an A3 you coul get an easy 60 MPH . Now the down side is guys have said puttting the 395 on the A3 rim is a no no because the 14.5 tires have a different bead style then the 395 . Which would mean you may need converted hemmit rims .

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............................Almost nothing uses the 20" tire in America and Michelin has discountinued the 14.5X20 for the A3.
While that is true, it should be noted that they still make the XZL (MPT) in the equivalent metric size: 365/80R20
Also available new in your country (see EUROTECH SERVICES INTERNATIONAL): Conti 14.5R20 MPT80 and Conti 365/80R20 MPT81.

G.

Skycop

Just to update this thread, we were only able to get 1 tire from Gensco, the others were not of good quality. While 1 is better than 0, still kinda sucks because I have 2 more I need to replace in the near future. When we do the tire swap am I going to need a new O-ring for each wheel? If so, where can I snag some?

SEAFIRE

Skycop,
Did you check the Alabma Gensco Wharehouse?

when we got our 12.5's a few weeks ago, they told me they had brand new 14.5's for $250, $50 more since the last time I asked them about 14.5's.

Skycop

Last time we went there, we drove our happy butts 3 1/2 hours to Wharton only to find out the tires were dry rotted and cracked to the point they were not serviceable. I will call them again and see if they have any new ones.
EDIT:

I just spoke with Carl in Houston and he said they didn't have any and couldn't get any.

Last edited:

SEAFIRE

Last time we went there, we drove our happy butts 3 1/2 hours to Wharton only to find out the tires were dry rotted and cracked to the point they were not serviceable. I will call them again and see if they have any new ones.
EDIT:

I just spoke with Carl in Houston and he said they didn't have any and couldn't get any.
Sorry you went through all of that,
I've found through experience that you actually need to call Alabama, Wharton, Houston, etc to see what each yard has.

Check you PM for the cell phone number of the guy at the Alabama Yard, kinda hard to get ahold of him though...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks