• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 wheel identification.

Lance Carbuncle

Hey everyone,

First post here so forgive my ignorance. I am trying to get up to speed!. I am interested in one of these trucks and looking at an A3 that doesn't seem to have the same wheels as all the others i see in online images. The interior pics clearly show a CTIS system is present and all the other goodies that make it an A3 but the offset on the wheels is different and I don't see the CTIS parts on the wheels.

I understand that the hubs can be flipped and am wondering if these are A3 wheels flipped around with flipped hubs maybe? Sorry in advance if I am asking a stupid question.

131932792_10221023680974755_7977155122265209341_n.jpg

Senderofan

As you surmised....those wheels in the picture are not the ones that the A3 came with....at least not what mine came with. Not sure "Who" would have supplied those rims.....there are many who sell aftermarket wheels....Boyce and Eastern Surplus being two. I had my A3 CTIS removed when I purchased it from a Dealer on this site. I still have the control unit above the steering wheel....but thankfully all the other bites are gone. I would be thankful to have the one piece wheels.....I have one OEM, two piece units that is leaking.....and it is a headache!

Here is a picture of the OEM A3 wheel that I have:
IMG_9291A65139A2-1.jpeg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are definitely not A3 wheels. Hubs on M35A2 trucks can be flipped to single them out from the duals. A3s are already singled out. The truck may still have the control box in the cab, but without the wheel valves, there is no CTIS. There may be other pieces of the CTIS that have been removed as well.

tobyS

I think they are a custom wheel. Aren't they a one piece wheel? I've seen vendors (I think) here selling them... not cheap. It also looks like 15.5 tires. If one piece, they may not have beadlock so don't air them down too far.

this pic is of my A3 wheel after I took off the CTIS and before I turned the wheels inside out ....I think this is what you have ...and the next pic is what it looks like now ...IMG_20190715_165348097.jpeg

trucknut

Hey everyone,

First post here so forgive my ignorance. I am trying to get up to speed!. I am interested in one of these trucks and looking at an A3 that doesn't seem to have the same wheels as all the others i see in online images. The interior pics clearly show a CTIS system is present and all the other goodies that make it an A3 but the offset on the wheels is different and I don't see the CTIS parts on the wheels.

I understand that the hubs can be flipped and am wondering if these are A3 wheels flipped around with flipped hubs maybe? Sorry in advance if I am asking a stupid question.

View attachment 824072
Your truck looks like one sold by Eastern that had a Cummins 6bt swap, It was advertises as a factory swap.

tobyS

Go to Eastern Surplus (PA) and look at TI-120..... selling for $545 each.

They apear to be one piece and the offset is a couple inch less than an OE A3 wheel. I would like them on my front if they are that wheel. Also, there is another military rim with less offset, but I think it has a ring 2 piece.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks