• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 wheel locknuts

AMDOOR

The TM's call for new locknuts to be used every time the wheel is broken down. I have searched the post and I can't find any one that referred to replacing them. O-rings and grommets are replaced, but not locknuts. What do you say about the need to replace the locknuts? I assume that this also applies to the 5-ton wheels as well.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked the TMs and I don't see where they say to replace the locknuts, do you mean lock washers?
I don't see any need to replace the locknuts unless they are damaged. Lock washers yes, replace every time.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you talking about the "flange nuts"? The nuts that hold the two rim halfs together? I don't use new ones unless the threads get booger-ed. Have you priced them? Make sure your sitting down!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the ten flange nuts holding the wheel halves together. Just looked into the mandatory replacement parts list (WP 0395 00) and the locknuts are an item to be "replaced during maintenance whether they have failed or not".
Your call AMDOOR. I think you'd be fine with a little bit of Loctite and proper torque.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks