• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wheel nuts. What size are they...

hankthetank

HI guys,

What size are the nuts on the m35a3 tires? I'm looking to change a tire and need to get the correct size for my air wrench... Also what do you guys use to slide the tire off without damaging threads..

Thanks for all your help, I just got the deuce few weeks ago and having great time with her...

Thanks!

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to look at the socket tommorrow but I use a 4 ft bar under the tire to slide it off. by change tire are you mounting the spare or are you going to dismount the tire. If you have never dismounted one of these you are in for a chore. Is the CTIS still on the tire.

Happyland1410

The lug nuts use the same 1-1/2" socket as the M35A2. If you are talking about the nuts that hold the wheel halves together I will check tomorrow but I think it is 1-1/16" and needs to be a deep socket.

Happyland1410

The deep socket will be 1 1/8. I can't budge most of mine.
I just checked my socket for the A3 wheel halves and you are correct that it is 1-1/8". I had to replace the o-ring in one of these on our fire department's truck and I couldn't break them loose no matter what I tried. I had to have the local truck tire shop come by with their 1" impact. :shock:

shootiniron

I've got A3 wheels on my truck and recently I took three of them off and broke them down to turn the tire's around and get them all "headed" the same direction.Once I got through the first one and saw how it all goes together the other two were'nt bad at all,just a bit heavy.