• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wiring guru needed

tomelroy

my m35a3 was the victim of a battery thief. Although they ended up leaving both batteries and the tray less than a block away, they did cut the 6 wire harness that connects to the positive and negative battery terminals. 2 wires (770 e and 770 v) hook to the positive the other four hook to the negative. For whatever reason there is no know wiring schematic for the a3. I started tracing the wires, but cannot find what 770 e and 770 v lead to, does anyone out there know or maybe know we're I can find a wiring diagram?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a full schematic in the back of TM 9-2320-386-24-1-2

Attachments

Last edited:

tomelroy

sweet, now that we have a wiring diagram, can you tell me were the 770 e wire and 770 v wires terminate? I can see were they end on the diagram, just can figure what and where that is on the truck...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today's phrase is, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Are you saying you don't recognize the battery shown in the schematic(it says battery on the battery)? Did you look at the TM yet?

I just looked through the TM for a better description or picture. All I did was look for a page that looked like wires near the battery box(YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF).

Anyways, I found this.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
DH, take it easy on the guy. He wasn't smart enough to buy an A2, what makes you think he could use a TM?

Just ball busting, no offense intended.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other end of the wires in the schematic, are going to a cannon plug that should be under the cab(under the driver seat, near the back wall of the cab).

tomelroy

thank you, that was the info i needed...the schematic just show the wires going from the battery to a column of blocks. Cannon plug under the drivers seat (under the cab) is the info i needed. I will check it out tonight when it cools down...105 outside now...

tomelroy

turns out the wires from the battery go up passenger side bulkhead and through the firewall into the cab near the center of the insturment panel and over to the STE/ICE-R receptacle plug on the dash just right of the glove box. Each pin is lettered A,B,C,D,E.......easy fix once i located the plug.