• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 - Won't Start Need for Memorial Day Parade

To close out this thread, here is the final outcome.

I put the new regulator and brushes in (even though the current brushes were like new). Charged my weak battery for 48 hours (showed 12.5V) and then gave it a shot. Unfortunately no go. Therefore, off to Auto shop with both batteries for detailed testing. The good one tested out strong 13+V and 1025 CCA. The one I have been charging tested at 10.2V and didn't even register any CCA. So I picked up a Marine battery on sale, 850CCA and 140 min. reserve.

Dropped the new battery and it fired right up. Before starting with the new battery the volt meter registered just in the green. However, once started it was right on the mark 3/4 way in the green. So everything appears to be working perfect. Since the current brushes looked like new, I'm assuming it was the voltage regulator, $63, not bad.

Last edited:
Good point... My initial instinct was to get the truck back in operation. However, in order to ensure longevity, I really do need to have matching new batteries. Another item to add to the list.