• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3

motomacguyver

Possibly, the leaking air line you’re talking about.

I'm not real sure the mechanics of the system but I would guess the air pressure is equalized on both sides of the piston in the cylinder, and any imbalance may cause it to pull.

I would always try to fix the obvious things first.

Also, while you’re under there, a few drops of air tool oil in both ports on the air cylinder helps lighten up the steering effort.2cents

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

A brake could be dragging. Does the drum get hot? Check your wheel bearings. I doubt that it is a bearing but for the couple of minutes it takes to pull the drive flange off and check won't hurt. I have had bad luck with 5 ton wheel bearings lately.

bigmech

pulling

It was the air line. I wrapped a little bit of duct tape around the leak just to test the idea and it steers great. Not the first time duct tape was used to take the guess work out of things. I did use the air tool oil, Thanks. I hope the local Napa has the ability to make a new line.