• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 / Civilian Power Wagon axles different?

41WC18

I own a '52 M37 with 4.89 gears. I also own a '52 Civilian Power Wagon with 5.83s and something broken in the rear drive. I seem to see that the gears will switch between the two, but there are differences in the axles that wouldn't allow me to swap in the whole unit from the M to the Civilian. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.
(the M37 is going to get a more modern Dodge running gear and I want to keep the Civilian as original as possible)
Thanks

TGP (IL)

The track width is different. The M37 is narrower.
One rear axle is shorter, don't remember which one.
Same in front, however both front outers are the same.

The center section (Diff) will swap between the two, same as brakes, hubs, drums.

Tom

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The track width is narrower on the M37 (62" vs 64.5) so the axle lengths are different than the PW.

TGP (IL)

So I can transplant the gears and replace (with new) whatever else is broken in the Civilian..........
Yes.
The complete center section bolts right in or out. You will only need to change the drive yoke.
Keep in mind if your M has different ratio than the PW, and you swap the Diff., you'll have to change the front to match.
Tom

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks