• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Cummins swap

mastermechanic197

Finally took my project truck out for the 1st test drive last weekend. I installed a 4bt cummins with spicer 3053A transmission, married to a chevy NP-205 transfer case. It has 4:89 gears and a custom .69 overdrive in the transmission. Pic attached is old, but references the tranny swap/married transfer case which I consider the signatire of this build. Its a great combination and runs really well.IMG_1275.jpg

KaiserM109

I have been considering that kind of swap on my '69 Bronco. I recently kicked the old Falcon transmission to the curb and built an adapter for an NP435. I'd probably want to keep it.

MatthewH

Any more info you'll disclose about the adaptor between the 3053a and the 205. Im sure its custom, but id be interested in one, or a drawing to fab/machine my own

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks