• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 defroster

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello folks I recently removed the defroster assembly off my 52 M37 and now I have a rather large hole in my dash, my question is this, is there a military plate that had to be removed to put the defroster kit onto my truck? and if so where can I buy one of these covers? And if they dont exits I can make one but would prefer an original.
Any thoughts?
Karl

Juskatla

I had the hole on one of my M37CDN trucks, where all the small stuff had been removed before I saved it. I got a piece of 14ga body metal, cut a bit larger than that hole in the dash. I used an epoxy adhesive to install it from behind. Its still there over 20 yrs later. The same fix was applied to the hole in the left side for the air hose from the fender heater, but I tacked that on in place, sealed around the rim and painted. From my limited experience, there weren't any plates to cover removals and if there were they are long gone by now.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much for the info guys and I like the suggestion of using epoxy to mount it. I will get the patch cut and mounted this weekend!
Thanks again!
Karl

Juskatla

If you can't find one, ask for the dimensions and have a sheet metal shop bang one out for you. They are pretty simple and should be easy to put together. You could also advertise in the usual places and someone will have one sitting in the corner.

Last edited: