• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 engine swap??

supermechanic

Hello, my first post in this forum.
Just talked with a friend, he works for a man that has a few m37's, some totally restored, some for parts and some in-between.
Seems a "not scrap but not quite enough there for a correct rebuild" m37 is available, cheap.
no cargo body, no dash, no seat,no gas tank, & ect.
Engine smokes something terrible, but it can still move under it's own power.
my question, will a 331 hemi fit the bellhousing, and is the crankshaft length (stick-out behind the block) of the hemi the same as the original flat head?
I bought the hemi when I was 17, and am now 50, I want a good place for this engine, this seems as good as any.
Will it work?
Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the 230's bellhousing is completly different than a V-8. The swap will work using components that originally went with the 331. Better stock up on left rear axle shafts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks