• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 front canvas support

6x6pinz

I think the cab canvas support tube (the one that holds the back of the front canvas) is bent. It has a couple of small kinks at the riser legs where they attach to the body and one in the middle. I was hoping some one could take a couple of measurements. One from the top of the body to the tube and one at each side from the windshield to the tube. I think with those I can put the tube back into the correct position (assuming it is not there now).

Mike_L

Sorry, same here. I spend more time on the G741 site than over here.

Anyway, on my truck (others may be slightly different) I have the canvas on and I measured it at three places-at the center and at each side about 7" in from the front corners (to clear the curve on the support tube). Both sides measured the same.

Measuring from the back side of top edge of the windshield frame to where it meets the tube and from the top edge of the cab's back wall to where it meets the tube:
Ends - 40.5" from windshield frame to rod; 25" from cab wall to tube.
Center - 41" from windshield frame to rod; 25.5" from cab wall to tube.
Seems the support tube has a slight bow in it even with the canvas on and the canvas fits good.

Hope this helps.

6x6pinz

From those numbers it definately looks like my support tube has been hit. I thought from the kinks at the bends that it must have hit a low branch or something. I will see if I can get it back to close to these numbers and fix the kinks.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks