• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Fuel Pump

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

I am working on a 1954 M37 3/4 ton truck, we got it to sputter and run by pouring small amounts of gas into the carb, but cant seem to get any fuel to the lines..

I cant find the fuel pump on this thing, where should it be? it was cannibalized some, so it could be missing, but everything is hooked up, fuel lines and all, and no "clean" spots on the block.

btw, where are the best sources for manuals on these..

Thanks so much for the site, and of coure if the thread is already there just point me, i might have missed in my search.

Chris.:lost:

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel pump is located on the forward lower right side of the block. Stock fuel pump is quite large and hard to miss. Follow the fuel line back from the carburetor.

Frank

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup looks like the fuel pump is missing, followed the line back to the tank, found an electric on the frame rail.

The instrument cluster is gone and all the wires are hacked.

Are there any details pics of the on the web, closeups of interior batt box, sides etc?

Thanks

Chris

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup looks like the fuel pump is missing, followed the line back to the tank, found an electric on the frame rail.

The instrument cluster is gone and all the wires are hacked.

Are there any details pics of the on the web, closeups of interior batt box, sides etc?

Thanks

Chris

zak

The manuals for these truck are the best in the MV world. They have top notch photos and drawings. You could
build a truck from a pile of parts using them.

Mike_L

Congratulations on the truck. Drop over to the G741.org site as a lot of folks post photos of various truck parts and areas. You can probably find the specific photo you need. Most of us get the $20 CD with the pubs on them from Military Media (I think). The G741.org site is a great resource for these trucks though many of us haunt there and here.

Last edited:

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup some careful investigation found that the fuel pump was wired into the jumble of wires behind the dash,
hooked it up and the fuel pump chattered but not pumping yet, ill deal with that. the truck runs fine when i
do the old "squirt fuel in the intake" bit. So i feel better..

Ill just put another mechanical pump on it...

thanks all for the help..

chris.