• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 GT Replica or Tribute?

WarrenD

Something not right with this photo. First, it's a Coast Guard truck as marked on the door. Next, if you look at the inside of the box armor (left rear inside of truck bed) you see it doesn't go to the floor of the truck and appears to be wavy. There is also no rear armor. MR NICE was a long box truck, the one shown is a short box and lacks the cab armor. The one shown has a 50 cal where MR NICE is usually seen with twin M60s. Interesting pic, though.

Last edited:

Srjeeper

The Hard Ride....part two in color

Warren, get yourself James Lyles new book. It has an entire chapter dedicated to the 'Beep' with some real nice pictures and plenty of info.

His email is: LYLES289HP@aol.com

As a matter of fact both his books The Hard Ride & THR Part 2 (in color) are worth having for reference, stories and info.

vtdeucedriver

If you get it direct from him and the color version of book #2 is a LIMITED run, (think only 100 copies) he will sign it for ya. I think he still may have copies of "Hard Ride"

WarrenD

Way ahead, have V2 in color on the way. Have V1 and V2 already. V3 should be out later this year.

SasquatchSanta

Wow!!!

That brought back some old memories. In scrolling down page-2:
Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF): Tan Son Nhut AB. Heavy Weapons. Page-2. I noticed a letter that I wrote a couple of years ago.

I think it's good that there are people willing to invest the time and treasure to resirrect these old war horses. I'll always have a soft spot for the 377th.

It's a shame that a lot of the pictures on the site no longer populate. After all these years perhaps it's apropos

Ernie Mitchell

Driver523

I'd almost bet that the Mr. Nice pictured in the past post was picked up out of property disposal and used by that outfit-----when units began to stand down a unit no longer had to build a gun truck they could go pick a box up at PDO, James has 20 or 21 3/4 ton gun trucks listed in his book-----Is there any photos of that Widow Maker quad truck that HF has built?---can't find any under "search"---------Driver

Gun Trucker

3/4 ton gun truck replicas

I'd almost bet that the Mr. Nice pictured in the past post was picked up out of property disposal and used by that outfit-----when units began to stand down a unit no longer had to build a gun truck they could go pick a box up at PDO, James has 20 or 21 3/4 ton gun trucks listed in his book-----Is there any photos of that Widow Maker quad truck that HF has built?---can't find any under "search"---------Driver
My new book,due to be released later this year will have over 30 3/4 ton gun beeps listed and pictures of 8 or 9 that were not seen in my other books.

As for replica gun truck vs fictional (tribute) gun truck, I have to say I prefer to see a replica. In my humble opinion, and at the risk of being controversial, I feel there were just too many real gun trucks to choose from to have to make up a fictional one.

Gun Trucker (James)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks