• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Hard Top Exterior Sliding Window Frame Gasket

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to All,

I'm looking for the rectangular gasket that is on the rear side of the M37 hard tops. It is located between the sliding rear window frame and the hard top external skin.

I realize that finding one will be difficult (finding unicorns would probably be easier), so I would be happy to find any information, or pieces of old ones so that maybe I can get new ones fabricated,

Any information, pieces, used ones, or (if a miracle happens) a complete usable one, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any help!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the local glass guy (after running through about a dozen leads); they had to order 100' (min order) and installed mine for $45 total. They said it took 3 guys and was a total pain in the butt. They were selling it for I think $2.50 a foot.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this recent enough that they still might have some in stock? Could you post or PM me the name and location of the glass shop?

I would really like to find some of this material.

Thanks for your reply and any help you can provide, hndrsonj!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was recent and newly made. I can get some if you want and mail it to you, let me know if it is the same and how much you want.

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of the gasket location on my hardtop it is between the hard top external skin and the sliding window frame.

I will get a measurement Monday for the length of the gasket material I need.

Thanks for your help hndrsonj!

Rear Window Gasket.png

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How would you do the corners? Cut 45 degree angles? Mine is just one piece.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Bill! That is exactly what I was looking for. The have edge seals (I didn't know what the stuff was called), and there are some that look like they would work.

Thanks again!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hndrsonj, the seal that you used is for the non-moveable window and is way too large for my application.

I appreciate the help, and it got me on the right track in my search.

Thanks again for all your patience and assistance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks