• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 hardtop

John G

I have just purchased my second
M37.The first one I owned did not have
a hardtop.Since living in Massachusetts
the winters and canvas are not quite
compatable.So if any member knows
of a used hardtop for sale.Please let
me know.

Thank You

John G

bdean666

im sorry i dont have the information your lookig for. but if/when you find one please post up the information you get from completing the swap. i would also like to put a hard top on mine some day.

good luck!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the Air Force M37's had Factory hardtops , they are VERY hard to find . The reason I picked up my M37 is because it was EX AF with the hard top . good luck

John G

From John G,
Thank's for the replies on the m37 hardtop.
I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Vintage power
Wagon fiberglass top.It has been manufactured as close
as possible to the original m37 Artic top.So if anyone is
interested just go into Vintage Power Wagon sight.

wdbtchr

Have you considered building a hardtop, using your soft top frame as a jig?
Actually I had considered fiber glassing my original soft top, but at the time years ago I didn't expect to have a problem finding a hard top. I had covered my top with a plastic tarp but unfortunately that seemed to cause the thread to rot and I wound up with a bunch of torn pieces. More of that 20/20 hindsight thing. If I ever get enough saved I would probably go with the aftermarket fiber glass one. All a matter of priority of funds, too many toys not enough pockets.

nattieleather

From John G,
Thank's for the replies on the m37 hardtop.
I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Vintage power
Wagon fiberglass top.It has been manufactured as close
as possible to the original m37 Artic top.So if anyone is
interested just go into Vintage Power Wagon sight.
I've looked at that as I have a M37 hard top, but it's in poor shape. I think the top from VP only has a spot for the rear window, but doesn't have an actual window so you would need to fab up a sliding rear window.

John G

Yes you are right the Vintage Power Wagon fiberglass top
has the rear window size molded into it.
So you or a glass shop can do the work.
I plan on using a basic sliding window.

Thank's for all the replies

John G

FrankUSMC

I wish you were closer, I have two hard tops here in North Carolina you could talk me out of. One is home made by a fire department, and the other is a factory one with the rear window unit in it. My M37 came out of the north Midwest, and the two tops came with it.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

John G

Frank believe me if I lived closer. I would have been down to NC.
And I would not have made the trip for nothing !!!!

Thank's

John G

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first hard top was an early one, and used wood trim around the door windows which didn't fit too well. The former owner also had put a larger plexiglass rear window in it. I always thought that the nice rear sliding window out of a M211/135 would fit. Seems the M35 rear window would also do the job for that VP top. As it turned out, I finally acquired a nice parts truck that enabled some nice upgrades. I thoroughly understand your quest. Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks