• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Jack

Mike_L

That is the original type hydraulic jack. They went to a mechanic jack at some point. Extract from TM 9-8030 (1955): "The mechanical jack was issued on all models starting with serial No. 80026822, replacing the hydraulic jack."

I've never seen the mechanical jack that replaced it.

Dodge man

Three are a couple of clowns on E-Greed selling what they claim are M37 mechanical jacks. One claims that his came out of "a 1952 Dodge Weapons Carrier". Funny thing is that they quit building Weapons Carriers in 1945! To make matters worse, both jacks on E-greed are different and at least one of them has NO markings so it's highly doubtful that it's a military jack at all. The other looks suspiciously like the jack that was in my parents' 1963 Ford Econoline! But he only wants $149 for it! :cookoo:

papercu

Extract from TM 9-8030 (1955): "The mechanical jack was issued on all models starting with serial No. 80026822, replacing the hydraulic jack."
From 9-2320-212-10 dated Nov 1973 Appendix B BIIL "Jack, Hydraulic, Hand 3 ton" Wayne

Carter

Some time in the late 1950s the hydraulic jack was again issued and replaced the mechanical jack. The jack pictured was one of those 50s era ones.

Supply manual ORD 8 SNL G 741 dated January 1957, page 188 lists Ordnance part number 41-J-72, " Jack, Hydraulic, Hand: self-contained, 3 ton cap., 9 1/4in. closed h, 15 1/8 in. extended h, sgle pump, w/ screw extn."

In the maintenance unit I was a member of this style of jacks were removed from the last of the M37s, along with the rest of the OVM tools, before the trucks were taken out of service and turned in to property disposal and offered for sale as surplus property.

I have never seen a mechanical jack or a picture of one that was listed as being for the truck. I have a collection of mechanical type ones but none have been positively ID'd as the kind issued as replacements for the earlier style.

kev1979

Does anyone have a picture they could post of the correct jack for our M37's? Thanks in advance.

Joe Jepson
Does anyone have a picture they could post of the correct jack for our M37's? Thanks in advance.

Joe Jepson
Is this the right one ? I was told it was a military version but to me it's just a jack all.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks