• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 master cylinder updates

bubba_got_you

M37 master cylinder updates
[FONT=&quot]Has anyone put an after market master cylinder in there m37?
I want one that I can put in the stock place but I want a new master cylinder
[/FONT]

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I always just rebuilt the old one. Do they make after-market new ones? Can't you just rebuild the old one. They sometimes even sleeve the old ones to bring the bore back to original specs.

Lee in Alaska

bubba_got_you

i could rebuild the one i have and have it sleeved but i wanted a duel one but i wasn't shore if anyone had done it (well everything has been done but i wanted to get pix) thanks maxim those are great

FrankUSMC

Bubba
I "think" I still have the adator and plans here to put a chevy master cylinder on the M37. I should have said, I know I have one, but would have to find it.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

vtdeucedriver

They make off shore ones now. With my M37, I got a TON of take off wheel cylinders that I can rebuild, if they dont spec out I will have them sleeved some day.

I am glad I did this because I did brake down and bought two off shore wheel cylinders for my M151 and the bleeder screw is not exact as the old one and now that its installed, its not easy to bleed as a original.

For me, I will stick with the Lockeed and Wagner stuff and just rebuild it!!!

CGarbee

I run the Chevy dual circuit MC in all my M37 varients... (The link Tanner posted has all the parts and instalation info you need).
Back when I was running with the stock MC in one of the trucks, I once had a wheel cylinder fail while pulling up to the pump at a truck stop...coasted to a stop in the middle of the yard. Hate to think what could have happened if they had failed a block up the road when I pulled up to the stoplight at the end of the Interstate ramp behind a little Honda...

The dual circuit setup gives a lot of piece of mind.

My favorite brake setup is four wheel discs and the dual MC (all Chevy parts).

Enjoy.

bubba_got_you

ok i got my new master cylinder and i will install it in a few days then ill be in good shape lol
i have one thing to say tho....THIS THING IS HUGE!!! lol by comparison i mean. does it help with breaking power or is it the same?