• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Pics in woods

MDSA

Didn't know my wife had the camera out, but she took these as the boys and I were testing the M37 on the hill behind the house last Sunday. We'd had plenty of rain, so the hill was slick. The M37 was able to creep right up it in 4-wheel high just a bit faster than an idle without hardly spinning. Sorry the pics don't show the actual hill. Running stock 900X16's.

Brandon had told me an M37 would be a beast off road, but I had to test it, and it's true. The weight really helps it keep traction.

Check out this thread to see the same hill when my Deuce couldn't make it after a rain without using the winch. Of course, my 900X20's were fairly slick then and have since been replaced.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/15942-meetings-hickory-nc-11.html

Pic #1 shows a tarp covering firewood.
#3 shows us stopped to shift back into 2-wheel drive to finish going up the hill, but no dice. Just too slick.

I'm starting to like the M37 better than the Deuce!

Attachments

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice. A word or two of caution, though. Standing up in the bed of the truck is not the safest thing your young man could be doing. Also, using the top bow as a hand rail will soon spring it to the point that your top will not fit just right.