• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 ran fine for last years parades, this year, not so much

kdaniels

Follow up on the fuel delivery issue. I replaced my stock fuel pump with a spare and the jumping/bucking in the higher rpm's was cured. It runs well again. Two side notes, first on removing the old pump I did notice that one of my factory pump bolts was slightly loose. My train of thought told me it might not have been making good contact with the lobe. Second, there is a noticeable difference between a "old" gas sputter and the high rpm bucking and loss of power.

None of this would be have been an issue if I had more time to play with my toys.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Take the time to play with your toys and ethanol in gasoline is NOT good in any concentration, unless it is a new engine designed for it. (new cars)
Ethanol eats anything rubber, destroys seals etc. kills lawnmowers, weed-wackers, chain saws, your 67 GTO, and it CAN kill a Deuce. For a Deuce think of the five ways to make a "Rotella milkshake" of your crankcase oil, which has a lot to do with o-rings made of rubber.

kdaniels

ALL I run in my older trucks and small engine stuff is Non-eth. My older engines also get a lead additive to the fuel....helps with the valves from what I've been told. The kick in the butt is that the pump that went bad was 10 yrs old...with only 60 miles on it. I keep a vehicle log on each truck as to the date and mileage of any maintenance or repairs. Time seems to get away from you and that oil change from memory last year was actually 4 years back..which is why I keep a log.

The M37 is fairly easy to work on and service ..even for a "parts changer" like me.

SEMPER FI

keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks