• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Recovered!

WarrenD

M37 Recovered! Pic Added

I just finished recovering my first MV, a 1953 M37. The day went well, with only the last 40 miles in the rain. I had to remove the cargo bows to get it in the garage so I got soaked doing that, but otherwise an uneventful day....just the way I like it.
No pics, with the forecast for heavy rain I was more concerned with getting it loaded and home. Besides, I'm sure you've seen pics of M37s sitting on trailers before!
I will post some in a few days when the truck and I dry out. Now the fun begins, insurance and DMV. Can't wait to get it :driver:

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

nopicsit doesnt matter how many times i have seen the same mv i still like to see more
Really, who does he think he his?????? He comes to the shows for the last couple of years hiding behind a camera taking great pics of all of our trucks and yet he knows the deal about us on SS.................I mean really?????nopics

Shame warren, rain or not!!!:D

WarrenD

Really, who does he think he his?????? He comes to the shows for the last couple of years hiding behind a camera taking great pics of all of our trucks and yet he knows the deal about us on SS.................I mean really?????nopics

Shame warren, rain or not!!!:D
See, Jeff, you are correct. I take great pics and alot of that is knowing when not to press the shutter release. As of right now, I can't do pics the way I know they should be done so instead of posting something unworthy of my talents, I'm going to wait a few days [thumbzup]
In all seriousness, I was very focused on the task at hand, which yesterday was to get the truck loaded and home safely. With the forecast for heavy, wind driven rain I didn't want to worry about getting $4k worth of camera gear wet.
I will post a photo of it from the Barrington Truck Show later.

zout

Looks like the toughest thing your gonna have to do to it is lift the fuel pump nozzle to put fuel in it (besides reducing your wallet size).

Great looking 37.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
great looking truck. They are fun to drive and don't beat you up, like the M35. I use mine almost everyday around the farm. Good luck

WarrenD

Good looking truck Warren.
I don't understand why you would be willing to take the truck out in the rain but not the camera? :cookoo:

I'm kidding. :lol:

Had no choice with the truck, I did have a choice with the camera! Truck is simple, camera is packed full of electronic stuff that doesn't like water...

Srjeeper

"HOLLY WOW"!!!!.....:shock:

There's nothin wrong with the way that truck looks right now Warren.....quit bein such a 'fuss budget' and get to drivein that thing.....heII, the trucks in better shape than you are....and the guy drivin it in that picture is better lookin than you too!!!!!!!! rofl

WarrenD

"HOLLY WOW"!!!!.....:shock:
.....heII, the trucks in better shape than you are....and the guy drivin it in that picture is better lookin than you too!!!!!!!! rofl
I know the trucks in better shape than I am, it'll likely be here after I'm gone. As for better looking, you need to get to the eye doctor and get new glasses!:shock:

WarrenD

You got a great truck. I cant wait to see what you do with it. did you happen to see ed's other m37 and his m38?
Yes, I saw them both when I went up to look at the truck a few weeks ago. The Guy with the truck and trailer I used was very impressed, said he didn't want to touch Ed's M37 it was show car nice.

WarrenD

Look pretty good warren[thumbzup] Are you ready to make it Vietnam authentic???
Ok, I'll bite, what do you think it needs for that? Already has a B1 shifter! No way am I putting the tire on the door, the GTs took them off anyway. Paint is already 24087 (the Randolf 24087 seems closer than the other brands).

Asgar

Nice score Warren, hope to see you at the next events in that sweet thing....

Being such a nice truck your keeping us from enjoying the 'he bought a basket case and has no idea how much pain he is in for' moment. Hopefully a bulb or something will burn out so you can post pics of opening up a tailight door and performing a 'rebuild'.

It's not too late to buy a M101 trailer off of GL to match the truck... If I remember right you had a two car garage that would look unbalanced without the matching trailer in the other bay.

vtdeucedriver

[thumbzup]
Ok, I'll bite, what do you think it needs for that? Already has a B1 shifter! No way am I putting the tire on the door, the GTs took them off anyway. Paint is already 24087 (the Randolf 24087 seems closer than the other brands).

1.)1970 Playboy in the glovebox.
2.) Box of C-rations in the glovebox or a OD sock with C cans in it.
3.) Church Key & a P-38 on a dog tag chain and hang from the throttle T handle.
4.) Attach to the dash a M-14 pouch with the lid removed, Used to hold the PBR while driving.

5.) Remove the defrost heat duct and heater from the fender and put a soft pack of Marboro's between the windshield frame and the close handle.

6.) Remove the stock shift knob and install a Hurst T-handle shifter knob.

7.) your already missing the pioneer tools[thumbzup]

Thats a start.....................I got tons of tips!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks