• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Street Rod

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The" Hey Mexicans join the Army" thing has been around a long while now. Tax dalla's well spent

I agree do what you want with your own truck , its yours.

Wish it wasnt a M37, try a CUCV or something russian or brittish

jmccall

Me likey! Any progress? I can't say enough good things about this project. Part of building something cool is to be different. This is different, first lowered M37 kind of different.

I am 22 years old, I have noticed that my generation is steadily running out of classic American cars and trucks to hot rod. This build will put the idea into many peoples minds, but I think even without this one, there would be another one that starts the "trend" if you want to call it that. I call it economics. A complete M37 is often much cheaper than a similar era civilian truck which are very hard to find in an original and complete condition. However you look at it, these types of builds could become a more common practice in the coming years.

The Gimlis

Cameron - go for it!

The beauty of America : " I do not like what you doing!!"
" I acknowledge your opinion, but I am going to do it anyway!"

No different than taking a perfectly good old rare car and changing all the components and making a hot rod out of it. Everyone loves those, what's the difference here..?!

It's a good thing some people don't have open minds - their brains might fall out!!

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your progress. Just wear a combat helmet when you read the responses!

PS - beautiful M715 by the way!

mendo

I say do what you want with it, I like the motivation and dedication to making something that you want. I like that you are doing it with your son.

if some of the group wants to get super critical, then I may say "you can't improve that vehicle that you have by putting a heater in it, or upgrading the seats, or better tires, or anything else if you want to keep it original. Even if you take it apart and put it back to stock you probably put it back together better than it was originally assembled. how far is too far?

To each his own. I support you, I bet it will ride nice, stop nice and go fast!

and the lucky guy that got the original running gear is probably most grateful for his gain as well.

JGBallew

I'd rather see it rodded than rotting in a field somewhere.

At least it'll be a good change from the innumerable fiberglass bodied Ford T/A "rods" with SB chevys and an entire Jeg's catalog dumped on them.

Rustmaster

I just threw up in my mouth, I'm OK but the m37 wont be. poor old guy. But to each his own, but please promise us you wont put one of those gay fart can mufflers on it.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shocker in this thread for me is not the MV modification. It's the concept of "Yo soy el Army"

I had no idea that type of specific demographic recruiting was being done. The entirety of my MV and military exposure is this forum. Maybe I have missed it but as far as I can remember recruiting methods have not been discussed.

Given the size of the membership of this forum, it is natural for there to be a division in the opinions of members regarding the modding of MV's. I acknowledge the OP for being civil in his replies to those who do not share his values. His non inflammatory replies is what makes this forum work.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks