• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 tire removal

Lenny

Hi Guys
I have to fix a flat on one of my tires. These are standard 900/16 ND's on OEM military rims It's been at least 15 years since I've had to do this and I was a little foggy on how to do it so I looked in the TM about this.

The book seems to outline the procedure: deflating the tire, wedging a pry bar between the tire and rim, pressing down on the bead to expose the rim clips, then tapping them with a hammer to knock them off the rim, and then it says something like "lift the ring off the rim". At this point it seems unclear how the split ring actually comes off.

I could be mistaken as I can't really remember what I did 15 years ago except to recall having to pry the ring apart with a pretty big pry bar and beating the **** out of it to get it off, and then again to get it back on again. Also not that the old rim was in parade condition or anything like that but it really did look like **** after we finished the job. These rims I have now are painted and look nice and I really don't want to have to do that to them.

I checked two different manuals and neither one mentions a sledgehammer or anything like this. Were there possibly two different versions of how these tires went on the rims? I don't recall dealing with six clips as the TM shows either. But again that could be my poor memory too. Before I get into this, any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks, Lenny

Lenny

Interesting video. Looks like what I did way back when. Thanks for sending that, however I noticed that it didn't mention the six locking tabs that were mentioned in the TM. Also does anyone know of a video that shows getting the tire off? Lenny