• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Toolbox Replacemnet Panels

MatthewH

While doing some sheetmetal work on an M37, I noticed that the passenger side toolbox had rusted out. After doing some online searchs for a replacement, I came up empty. So I decided to dis-engineer the rusty one and build my own. I decided to build 2, one for each side, since you can't have one new and one old:)

I think they came out pretty well. I originally had planned on making an additonal ribbed panel to spot weld in place to help stregthen the up the new panel, but after getting it bent up, the ribbed panel wasn't needed. While it dosen't look original, I would rather have function over looks.
I also had to cut out the notch on the mounting flange by hand, since the dies on the brake press wouldn't bend it properly if I had cut them out first.

They fit up nice and can't wait to get the new bed floor in so I can bolt these in permenatly.

Attachments

Bill W

Nice work [thumbzup]
Those tool compartment trays were hard to find back when I did my 37 ( 1998 ) I would not worry about the ribbing as nobody looks in the tool comp anyway. ( don't forget to add drain holes )