• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 tranfercase - no 4x4

yorkgulch2

The 4wd went out in my m37 while plowing. It was popping out of 4x4 for some time before it went. I still have rear wheel drive. I am going to jack up the rear today put it in gear and see what output shafts still turn. It is not grinding any gears that I can hear and the linkages are still hooked up.
Are there any things that commonly go out and cause this?
:(

Barrman

Check the linkage first. It could just be the shift fork isn't engaging all the way. Especially if you have been hitting the snow pretty hard and your t-case mounts are worn out. the case could have moved just enough to make them out of adjustment. Your frame could have been tweeked just enough too.

You need to pick up both ends of the truck to tell, since the front drive shaft always turns with the front wheels.

acetomatoco

If you have freewheeling hubs on it, be sure to check them... too. a broken front axle can cause he same symtoms...

m376x6

WHAT?

You could drive it down here and I'd take a look at it. Providing you can remember where I live and you mind the ice :wink:

yorkgulch2

RE: WHAT?

I checked the hubs and front axle right off as I have had hubs go out on other trucks mainly because they loosen up when they get hot, they are ok. I did not adjust the linkage. I will try that.
Bryan, If the linkage adjustment does not work I will bring it down. Otherwise I will bring the deuce. I don't have to unchain it! Saw your puttin arround in the 6x6 over by Hidden Valley a few months back but apparently you don't wave at scooter trash!

ironjunkie101

Im having the same problem with my 4x4 kicking out.(we removed one axel and shortened the bed)
Sometimes the front wheels will try to turn but when I try to accelerate
Even on flat ground its either poping out of 4x4 or not fully engageing
Is there a commen problem that would cause this?

rickf

You jumped in on a 7 year old post with a question that leaves a lot more questions. Do you have a M37? You removed an axle from a M37? Sounds like you have a deuce and you would have much better luck in that forum if I am correct. If you removed an axle from a 6x6 Dodge scout car I can only ask WHY!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks