• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 will play in the snow tomorrow....

Nickathome

Anyone else planning on taking their M37 out in the snow tomorrow? This is one of those few storms where we can get out before the salt trucks and play without fear of the truck getting loaded up with salt. I need to test out my homemade defroster unit so I am getting excited to take the truck out.

Last edited:

WarrenD

Not up here. They started putting down the salt-solution pre-treatment yesterday, even though we aren't supposed to get much snow, if any.
Too soon to tell if these new chemicals will have the corrosive effects of regular salt, but the metal parts of the back bumper of my car (under the plastic cover) have started rotting at a very fast rate in just the last 2 years which co-incides with the start of the use of the pre-treatment.

m37_power

wish i could.....guess i can tow it around the block...lol. i wish i could get it done before winters over. make sure you take some good pics.

MAXM37

I will be getting mine out as well...Hopefully I can get someone to take some pictures while I drive. Hard to take your own action shots!
Nice truck Jay!

M-37Bruce

One Of These Days

Looking real good Jay, have some fun Nick, you know who will be showing off his pic's soon, you know the guy from Harve de' Grace, his name starts with a C? :nothingfunny:[thumbzup]

Nickathome

Snow

Not up here. They started putting down the salt-solution pre-treatment yesterday, even though we aren't supposed to get much snow, if any.
Too soon to tell if these new chemicals will have the corrosive effects of regular salt, but the metal parts of the back bumper of my car (under the plastic cover) have started rotting at a very fast rate in just the last 2 years which co-incides with the start of the use of the pre-treatment.
Yeah they put that brine crap down on our roads ahead of time to, however they only use it on the state owned main roads. The local townships only use rock salt on their roads. If I stick to the back roads(which is the plan) I will only have to deal with the regular salt residue, however with so much snow due to come down, that little bit of salt will be covered up. The township trucks won't be salting during the height of the storm and will only be out plowing. Once the snow ends though the M will be put away, as the plows and salt trucks will be out in force by then.

Last edited:

Nickathome

Covered Bridge....

MaxM37;

Where was that covered bridge? Looks just like the one over Brandywine creek on Smithbridge road not too far from me......

I know of three other covered bridges in my area. Gotta love that sound when you drive over the ones with the perpendicular road boards.......

Oh and BTW - I got stuck yesterday! Misjudged my speed going around an uphill curve and plowed into a 2 1/2 deep snowdrift. Was a fun 30 minutes trying to get out. Finally was able to back out and got a running sart and continued on my way. Next time I will air down my tires before heading out in to deep snow. Lesson learned, and thanks to the guys on G741.org for reminding me .......

Last edited:

MAXM37

Nick, this particular bridge is near Rothsville, PA (Lititz Lancaster County)
I also tried to get over on a narrow road and got off the road and got stuck...luckily I just had to shovel a little. NDT's are tricky, def not the best in snow, but I like the look!

Nickathome

Aberdeen

hey nick! how u been? gonna try to make aberdeen this year,,, time and money will tell

kevin

Kevin;

I'm good. Glad to hear from you man. How've you been doing? Right now I am planning on attending the show on Friday and probably Saturday, but that may change to Thurs/Fri as I did last year. My kids were excited because I let them stay home from school on the Friday I took them down. I sent a note to the school telling them they were attending a historical event, which is not far from the truth. I'm very glad to hear you may be coming to Aberdeen. Look forward to seeing you. Please try to make it. Hope to see you there.

Nick

Nickathome

Nick, this particular bridge is near Rothsville, PA (Lititz Lancaster County)
I also tried to get over on a narrow road and got off the road and got stuck...luckily I just had to shovel a little. NDT's are tricky, def not the best in snow, but I like the look!
Not exactly sure where Rothsville is, but Lititz I'm familiar with. I drive up rte 501 through Lititz on my way to schuylkill county where I go deer hunting, and also go through Lititz on my way to the pilot shop at the Lancaster cty airport.

Carter

It's a little late to be posting before the Blizzard comments but I've been very busy getting ready for and dealing with the storm. We have 28" of the stuff and I have cleared the snow from my driveway as well as the neighbors who clean their cars and hope for me to show up. The M37 only does some of the work and I spent about four hours getting the rest off of my sidewalks, cars, trucks and steps but have to get the mail boxes ready for the rural carrier today. Getting a little tired of this crap, we had 24" Dec. 19, 4" last weekend and we still have another 10 to 16" forcast Tues. and Wed. Glad I have the M to do the heavy lifting or I would have had to shovel all day yesterday and probably most of today.

Here are a couple of shots of the M in action:

Attachments